Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 3


Here is my cutie girl Fargo peeking out to say hello this morning. Or maybe she's just telling me to go away. I do find her in the two different hides so at lease I know she is roaming around. Still haven't seen her eat or drink but she could be doing so at night while I'm asleep since she is nocturnal. Hopefully she comes around soon and will become more social!


Here is a photo of Fargo's tank set up. The left side is the cool side and the ride side the hot. I have the digital thermometers below both her cool and hot hide to make sure the temps stay at what's most comfortable for her.

In the back right corner is her humid hide. Haven't seen her in that one but I read somewhere online that some really only use it when they are ready for shedding so I am not to worried about that. She does move from her cool hide to her hot hide which is great.

I have her mealworm bowl, calcium bowl and water bowl in the front. I was debating on whether or not I should place them in the back of the tank where she may be more comfortable.

Currently I have her blue daylight heat lamp turned on. I have been keeping this on from 6am to 6pm. Since I do not currently have a thermostat I just keep a close eye to make sure that it does not get to warm with the lamp and UTH.

Right now the temp is at 92.7F on the hot side and 75F on the cool side. I usually allow a little bit of a drop at night but still like the hot side to be well over 80F for her.

Fargo is shy and is currently hiding in the hide on the cool side (upper left corner) she will probably spend most of her day sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment